It's here, now what? Try something green dummy! Woody and I decided we would not drive our car today. We live and work downtown, so we don't drive that much anyway, but still everything helps. That's just one thing we are trying to help the environment. We have switched over our light bulbs to compact fluorescent, and thanks to Stanford we are all carrying fashionable hemp totes to the grocery store. Here is my list of the top 5 easiest things you can do to help the environment.
1. Replace regular bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
2. Use cloth totes instead of disposable grocery bags.
3. Recycle at home and at work.
4. Turn off the water while you brush your teeth.
5. Leave the car at home and walk or use public transportation whenever possible.
This is just a few easy low cost options that everyone can do to help our planet. After all, it is where we live. Happy Earth Day!